Empiric Releases Trading Statement for 2019
29th Jan 2020
- HMOs still equate to at least 73% of all private student beds. However, private purpose-built student accommodation (PBSA) is set to surpass university beds for the first time in 2020.
- 2019 will be a record year for new PBSA, with more than 34,000 beds added, representing year-on-year growth of 5.3%;
- The supply pipeline remains skewed towards private PBSA, with more than 120k beds approved or awaiting a decision;
- In 2019 the average HMO outside of London increased its advertised rent by 6.0% year-on-year, whilst PBSA recorded growth of 1.9%;
- Outside of London, the average budget when house hunting for 2019-20 was £126pppw, up 3.8% year-on-year;
Leveraging data sets from the UK's largest dedicated student platform, this free report covers topics such as rental growth, student budget and enquiry data, changing levels of supply and demand, and more.
Covering both houses in multiple occupation (HMOs) and purpose-built student accommodation (PBSA) the report provides an update on the current state of the market, whilst also analysing future trends.
- StuRents is one of the leading proptech partners in the UK student accommodation space
- StuRents operates StuRents.com, the largest student-centric accommodation search platform, listing over 750,000 bed spaces nationwide
- Beyond search, StuRents facilitates integrated online tenancy signing, tenancy payments and app-based tenancy management solutions
- This unique, vertically integrated end-to-end solution underpins StuRents' data insights and research capabilities
29th Jan 2020
28th Jan 2020
27th Jan 2020
24th Jan 2020
23rd Jan 2020
21st Jan 2020
20th Jan 2020
17th Jan 2020
16th Jan 2020