Support

View guides

Balfour Beatty Picked for Huge Egham Project

Posted by Richard Ward in

Image courtesy of Flickr, Creative Commons

Balfour Beatty has been revealed as the preferred bidder to deliver a huge £130m student village for Royal Holloway, University of London.

The investment arm of the business is also putting up 85% of the equity to fund the scheme as part of a design, build, finance and operate agreement. The university will commit to providing the remaining 15%.

Balfour Beatty will receive a 50-year concession to operate the 1,400-bed village, alongside Student Living by Sodexo.

The project will use modern methods of construction, with external walls being manufactured offsite, which will speed up delivery.

Financial close is anticipated next year, with construction due to be complete in time for the 2024-25 academic year.