Q3 Quarterly Reports
Each quarter, the research team at StuRents compiles reports for 46 university cities and towns across the UK, plus a national report for the UK. With over 750,000 beds listed on our platform each year, we extract millions of data points and analyse these in-depth to develop insights and understand trends for each university city. This makes our data unique, comprehensive, and city-specific.
To access these reports, please get in touch with the research team.
Last week our Head of Research Richard Ward was joined by Rob Parker, head of data and insight at Vita group to discuss key trends in the student accommodation sector. Based on research from our quarterly reports and our unique, proprietary data, they explore:
- Demand growth per demographic, as revealed by this year's Clearing statistics from UCAS. Read more.
- Changing student search behaviour and updates to the supply pipeline. Read more.
- How demand has changed this letting cycle and the price points students have been considering. Read more.
- A recording of the webinar is available to view here.
During the webinar, we asked our audience two questions.
- What is the biggest risk to demand over the next 1-3 years?
- What is the biggest hindrance in delivering more supply?
By a large distance, the majority of the audience agreed the current cost of living crisis will impact demand the most.
The answers regarding supply delivery were more mixed. Whilst many of you shared the opinion the planning environment was the biggest hindrance, the most common issue selected was the current cost of debt.
To get the latest insights into student accommodation research in the UK, become an Insider.