Austen House is conveniently located in Southampton’s city centre. Whether you’re an undergraduate or a postgraduate, we’ve got a room option th...
Austen House is conveniently located in Southampton’s city centre. Whether you’re an undergraduate or a postgraduate, we’ve got a room option that will suit you down to the ground (more about that below).
The Southampton Solent University campus is just a 10-minute stroll from our complex, and University of Southampton is a quick bus ride away. Whichever one you’re studying at, Austen House puts you within easy reach.
Extra-curricular fun is right on your doorstep too. The enormous West Quay shopping centre is within walking distance, there are countless great bars and restaurants dotted around the vicinity, and the city’s parks (Palmerston, Houndwell and Hoglands) are a stone’s throw away.
Anyway, here’s some info about Austen House itself.
First of all, you might like to know that Austen House has loads of social spaces. Nine to be exact:
- Cinema Room | Black out room, projector and squashy seating, what more could you need?
- Reading Room | Looking for somewhere quiet to relax? Our tranquil reading room will be just what you need.
- Gaming Room | With 8 screens, controllers and gaming chairs, the only question is GTA or FIFA?
- Art Room | Work benches, easels and cutting desks give you a space to be creative and collaborative.
- Music Room | Lot’s of space for electric instruments and a mixing desk make this the perfect space to jam.
- Photography Room | Lights, backdrops and plenty of space. Get your Rankin on.
- Study Room | Don’t fancy lugging your books in to the library? The study room is a perfect alternative.
- Common Room | Complete with pool table, TV, and plenty of comfy seating.
- Bar Area| BYOD (drinks!) this space if for you to chill and relax with old friends or new ones!
Like to keep your place just the way you like it? Why not live in a great value studio all of your very own. Sized between 17 – 21sqm and located on the lower ground and ground floors, these are a great option to try living on your own with all the benefits of our communal areas if you want them.
Want to share? Dual Occupancy contracts are available.
Desk & Chair
On Site Maintenance
Rent: £149 pppw
Move in: 09 Sep 2022
Move out: 31 Aug 2023
Minimum contract: 51 weeks
Deposit: £0 pp
Bills included: Electricity, Gas, Water, Internet, Contents Insurance
Rental type: Student studio
09 Sep 2022
31 Aug 2023
Select a different landlord to switch to that account whilst remaining on the same page.