HIH has been offering a warm, safe and calm environment for students from all over the world since 1961. Set in the Avenues area of Hull, in a quiet and peaceful street and only a short walk from supermarkets, ATM’s, bars and restaurants.
We are positioned between the two main roads of Princes Avenue and Chanterlands Avenue, with easy access to bus routes. Buses run frequently to the University and town centre. If you prefer to walk, you can reach both destinations within 30 minutes.
We understand the pressures of studying and living away from home. The unique, family style community means that you will never be alone as there is always someone to help here.
- With 2 well equipped kitchens and a large dining area, people often cook and eat together; sharing their dishes and passing on recipes.
- All rooms are single with shared facilities and we have ample bathrooms and toilets.
- Bedding and cooking utensils are provided.
- Staffing levels offer 24-hour cover, with duty staff or contact phone numbers being available.
- 43 single rooms in a large building, situated in the much sought after, residential Avenues area of Hull. Each room contains a wash hand basin, single bed, wardrobe and desk.
- 2 well equipped kitchens, offering fridges, freezers and personal storage space.
- Large dining area.
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the building.
- Large Games room with snooker table, dart board and table tennis table, TV and relaxation area.
- Smaller TV room for more quiet watching.
- Large gardens to the front and rear.
- Secure cycle storage.
- 24-hour staff access.
- On-site laundry. Please note: tokens operate machines, available for purchase from the office. This is the only extra cost you will incur.